Thursday, February 10, 2011

A New Beginning

Photo by Dan Hendricks
My first professional burlesque performance was to "Monkey Wrench" by Foo Fighters in January 2008.  A significant amount of thought, care and money went into the costume and routine.  I haven't performed the number in over a year, but I've always enjoyed doing the number.  I'm on a new path with my burlesque, and this beloved number no longer fits that path.  I considered selling all the props and costume pieces; I'm just afraid no one who bought it would love it as much as me.

So I'm not selling it.  Instead, I'm giving the props and costume to my younger sister.  (She's still working on a burlesque name.)  I know she'll do well with the number, improving on the choreography and the costume.  I would've just passed everything to her quietly, but the burlesque community is small and protective.  I don't want anyone to give my sister a hard time for stealing a routine or copying my costume. :)  I'm sure the entire thing will become uniquely her own.  Small Sister, here's to you making the family proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment