Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Joy of Cinching

I'm always bragging about the corset work of Anastasia von Teaserhausen, and with good reason.  Anastasia taught a class on corsets through All-Star Burlesque last Saturday.  She really knows her stuff when it comes to corset construction.  She discussed the differences between fashion corsets and costume corsets, what classifies as a corset and what doesn't, what one should expect from a corset, and how to upgrade fashion corsets so they last longer.  It was a wonderful class.  When I get a moment, I'm going to upgrade a beautiful corset I purchased from Frederick's of Hollywood that fell apart the first time it was worn.

(If you'd like to contact Anastasia, shoot me a comment.  Her website is being revised so I'll help you get in touch with her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment