Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Final Reveal: A Little Stoned

I had a lovely morning downtown with my sweet Texas pal, Vivienne Vermouth. I picked up fabric for the corset and bustle of another number (more on that much later), but I decided to stop and pick up some rhinestones for this project. The photo doesn't do much justice to the stone colors. I wanted smaller stones, but I had to go up a few sizes because they were out of the two shades I wanted. I figure these will get me started on my shimmy belt and bra back. I know I'll go through more than five gross (720) rhinestones on my remaining work. I don't want to buy more stones until I have the exact design of the belt and bra embellishment worked out. I'm trying to be smart with my spending, particularly because I want to give you, dear reader, an accurate idea of what it takes to make a fabulous costume. Because I know my way around the fashion district, there were short lines, and I was downtown for other reasons, it only cost me ten minutes to get stones.

I almost got a roll of gold sequin trim to embellish a couple panels of my skirt. The number debuts in three weeks. I'm not certain I'll have time to complete the sequin embellishment on the panels before the debut. I'd rather have solid choreography and a tailored dress with a decent hem first. At this stage of the game, I have to prioritize. I will embellish the panels, but that's not at the top of my list.

Total spent so far: $218.50 and 25:35
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment