Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Final Reveal: Sewing the Baby to Sleep

Buster is one fabulous dog.  When we got him last year, I was afraid he wouldn't adjust to being a showgirl's dog. He didn't react well to the stripping, the feather fans, the gowns, the fabulousness.  Now he's all too comfortable with all of it.  He loves gowns, and he's been fascinated with the panels for my skirt since I brought the fabric home.  Tonight he fell asleep in the panels while I gathered them.

I spent over an hour gathering the back section of the skirt by hand.  I wanted to be sure it was the right length and that the gathers were even, particularly since I had a lot of fabric to gather.  I'm pleased with how it turned out.  The rear panel is full and will allow me to use the skirt as I've been instructed by legends.

In other news, I got my bracelet today and it's perfect.  Since it takes a team to make a showgirl, I enlisted the help of Mr. Snapper to sketch out a design for my yoke and for my bra back.  I'm looking forward to tracing this onto the yoke and starting the rhinestone process.  I'm glad he's on my team.

Total spent so far: $218.50 and 26:55

No comments:

Post a Comment