Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dance Class Challenge: 21/100 - Rachel Brice: Bellydance Arms & Posture

I'm changing the rules a little bit on this challenge. When I first came up with it, I was working half days at the office and had planned to accomplish all the touring I've done in the past few months in a full year's time. With the schedule changes, I have to squeeze in the dancing where I can. I'm going to now include dance videos as classes under these conditions: 1) finishing the entire video in one sitting as an active participant, and 2) only counting each video the first time doing the video.

I put Rachel Brice: Bellydance Arms & Posture in my Netflix queue a few years ago when I was trying to get beautiful hands in my belly dancing. (I would tense my hands as if I had some kind of palsy in an attempt to 'extend energy' through my fingertips. I've learned since that's not what the phrase meant.) While the video was a great workout for the arms and back, it didn't cover as much as I expected when I put it in the queue all those years ago. Rachel Brice is legendary in the world of tribal belly dancing, and her technique is explained abd demonstrated very well. I felt like I got a good workout from the DVD, even if it wasn't quite what I expected.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment