Monday, May 30, 2011

Dance Class Challenge: 33/100 - Crunch: Pick Your Spot Pilates

I wanted to be sure I got some exercise in today since I have the entire day off from my day job, but I know I have plenty of tasks to accomplish around the house.  I popped on Netflix (whose selection of fitness videos on demand changes) to do a yoga video I spotted last week.  Since that video was gone, I went with "Crunch: Pick Your Spot Pilates."  I've taken many Pilates classes in my day, so I wanted to see what Crunch Gym's video had to offer.

There are three different workouts -- belly, butt and legs -- and the workouts are short so I did all three.  Ellen Barrett is a gentle instructor, guiding the viewer through the workouts without the motivational grunting and forced pep talks found in so many other fitness videos.  It's not a hard core video, and the fitness folks didn't bastardize any of Joseph Pilates's techniques to make them more exciting or aerobic.  While the workout was simple, I really felt it in my legs.  (Of course, I went to ballet class before hiking up and down and up and down steps at the Forum for the Prince concert on Saturday.  I spent my Sunday on three 20-minute walks, two of them in search of nachos at the street carnival.)  It was the exact right speed for Memorial Day morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment