Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dance Class Challenge: 32/100 - Beginner Ballet

We've already established that I'm a bit of a bitch with my ballet class expectations from the class I took earlier this year. I really dig a standard barre, across the floor, combination class. I like getting lost from the world as I focus on the technique. I'm by no means a ballerina; I just like technique.

I knew from the Studio A website that Phil's beginner ballet class was a little "off road" for a ballet class. It wasn't as rigid as other classes, and Phil's focus is on fluid movements and proper body alignment. I got a good workout and danced the combination several times (with the agility of a teenage boy during the last half of the routine).

While it wasn't the ballet class that best suits my ballet desires, it was a good class and I may return as my schedule permits. Phil taught me a great stretch at the end of class to help me rebuild strength in my right foot.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment