Sunday, May 8, 2011

Shimmy Costume Components

Since I'm teaching a simple shimmy costume class next Saturday in Hot Springs, I'm putting together a sinmple costume with the same components they'll have available in class. I made a shimmy belt before I left for Chicago. I'm finishing the costume before I leave on Thursday for Arkansas.

I recommend students use a hard cupped bra for ease in embellishing. I got this bra at Target for $15. I found matching panties (plus a bonus panty) for $10. Since the only panties I could find were lacy, I spent $4 on a nude thong to go under the panties. Understructure cost just under $30. The rest of the supplies for the class are about $15. Simple shimmy costume that can be embellished even more or left as-is = $45.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment