Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fawning Over Jo at Camp in 2007

I do hope you're enjoying my little trip down memory lane as a pre-burlesque dancer. :)



More About Camp

(I've been working days and rehearsing late nights so I've barely been able to get out of bed to go to work in the morning, much less blog. I promise I'll be back up to snuff after this show opens on the 20th.)

In the afternoon of the second day, we had a lesson in stocking and glove removal from the lovely and talented Jo Boobs. I really wanted to study with Jo. She had become a bit of a celebrity in my household since I got her e-book and Andrew started reading her blog.

Jo is as amazing as I hoped she would be. She's a very skilled and patient teacher. She showed us how to slowly peel a glove or stocking and really tease the audience with it. I learned to slow down the difficult things (like crouching, removing tough shoes or sitting down on stage to get comfortable). I also learned that everything in garment removal must be deliberate. It looks better that way. Jo showed us how interesting tension looks in clothing removal, so I now spread my fingers as I peel gloves so it looks cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment