Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Final Reveal: Supplies

I'm starting a new costume in the next few weeks, and I'm breaking the rules. To give you a better understanding on what goes into one of my costumes, I'm going to share how much time and money I spend on this new one. Every project costs time and money, and I choose to save money by investing a lot of my own time.

I don't have a song selected or specific choregraphy in mind. I'm starting with the outer costume because I had a vision of how I wanted it to look and open. I'll have to work out the understructure based on the dress.

I spent 30 minutes today purchasing fabrics and thread for the dress and its lining. I bought the pattern online for $8 last month. I spent $35 on fabric and $6 on thread this morning. Total so far: 30 minutes and $49 before the dress is cut.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment