Friday, September 30, 2011

Dance Class Challenge: 56/100 - Yoga for Health: Headaches

I had a wicked headache on Tuesday after a wisdom tooth splinter worked its way from my gums.  (The surgery was two months ago so this was a bit crazy to me, but I read that it does happen.)  I needed some exercise and I have a limited number of Netflix instant options left so I did this video.  She's still my least favorite instructor of the yoga videos, but I'm understanding her videos more.

This video had a few inversions to get the blood flowing to the head, neck and thyroid gland.  I just want to take a moment to tell you ladies who aren't yoga regulars something that videos and teachers tend to mention well after they direct you into inversions.  Ladies, don't do inversions on the first day of your menses.  I'm sure there's some brilliant biological reason for it.  You'd think they'd make a point to mention it before instructing the inversions, but you'd be surprised.  Don't do this video if it's not the right time of the month.

I was surprised to find my headache was gone at the end of the video.  I guess breathing and blood flow did the trick.

If everything goes as planned (and it rarely seems to), I'll be in tango, hula and ballroom classes in a few weeks to boost my class numbers.  I'm also hoping to hit Slimmons tomorrow if I can swing it.  I've got a lot to do over the next three months!

No comments:

Post a Comment