Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sewing September - Day 11

Yesterday I was all "I'm so busy for the next couple days," so today I packed my corset backs cut the holes for the grommets. I figured it would be a good idea to get it done when I could, so I sat down at the Starbucks at the Farmer's Market at the Grove and set to work before the day job. I was so proud of myself for getting all the holes done with spare time to read. I packed up my stuff and set out to start my day.

Hubris.
I had a Skype with my nephew when I got home and started unpacking my bag, realizing I didn't stick the male end of the grommets into the holes while I was out. Time was ticking because I had some house chores to tackle and outfits to gather for Friday's taping. Digging through my bag, I only found one of the backs!!! Andrew called Starbucks and I called lost and found and no one had seen it. It may have been thrown away or taken by a transient to line a worn shoe. It's gone. Let's remember that I'm supposed to wear this corset Monday night. SHIT!

My dear friend and corset-making goddess didn't have any black coutil at her house. The only corset supply in town is open 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday, and that won't work with my shindig tomorrow. I don't even have scraps of black coutil.

Saturday I'm dyeing a tiny chunk of the lavender coutil I just happen to have. Once it's black and dry, I'm getting to work on the boning channels and grommets. There are other things I can do before then, like finish the side I do have, and do the waist tape and boning channels for part of this side. It's just a bit more work than I anticipated. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment