Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sewing September - Day 18

I decided to work on a ridiculous hand sewing project since I have a show tomorrow night. This is something I can complete backstage if not before I go to the venue.

This is a project from the Return of the Stupid Sock Creatures. This is a great book to learn hand sewing technique, and it's a great way to get rid of ridiculous socks that have stretched-out elastic or mismatched mates.


I chopped up one very long sock that only had a mate the first time I wore it. I assembled the body, legs and ears this evening, and I may just wrap it up tomorrow night. I can't recommend this book enough for hand sewing technique. It's very fun. The book has a number of projects and explains the technique to create your own imaginative sock babies.


I should mention that in my very early sewing days, I made dolls from colorful tube socks. In many ways, this is like returning to my sewing roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment