Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sewing September - Day 23

I'm trying to make up for lost time. The bobbins of my primary machine work on the spare, so I finished installing the zipper and attaching it to the handle for the crazy Craftsy bag. Shopping for corset supplies and that little project took a nice bit of my morning.

Slow and steady wins the race, yes?

The early evening was spent finishing a ridiculous alien sock creature for Coca Carter. It's front heavy so it doesn't stand on its tiny feet very well. I'm sure it will provide her some fun times, even when she guts it.

Felt eyes with marker pupils so it's totally crunch-free.

My last project for the night was my sister's corset. Since I finally have the busk and coutil, I cut the remaining pieces and assembled what I could before retiring for the evening. I'm really excited that I found a black busk and white grommets, which will make the corset look even cooler. (I think I can dye the grommets, based on what they were telling me at the supply store!)

I think the black busk and white grommets look cool.
I learned a technique in the bag Craftsy class that I'm using on the corset. The instructor used a glue stick to temporarily bond some velcro so it was easier to machine stitch. Busks can be slippery until they're stitched into place. I used a glue stick to seal in both parts of the busk. We'll see tomorrow if that makes it easier to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment