Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sewing September - Days 7 and 8

I'm cheating by doing two days in one post. I have some great excuses:
  1. I've been spending huge chunks of my spare time boning up on pop culture for the game show we're taping Friday. I can't really say more than that, and I don't think I'll be permitted to reveal whether we win or lose until after the show airs. I can say we've spent hours preparing, so if we lose it won't be for lack of preparation.
  2. I'm working on a new business venture. Nothing to announce yet, but we already have requests for our services and clients. That's taking some time.
  3. All the work I've done in the past two days has been on the gray cardigan.

You can see the hole I worked into the fabric from ripping out the tiny stitches and failing to baste first.
I spent last night seam ripping and today basting. You can see my solution for the hole was to catch that pesky hole in the seam allowance. The yellow line shows me where I need to stitch. Everything is basted and ready to be thrown on my sewing machine when I'm home again. (Tonight I'm going to the Hollywood Bowl.) I tried the cardigan on to make sure it sat correctly and evenly, particularly since I had to tweak the seam allowance to deal with that hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment