Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dance Class Challenge: 61/100 - Work It Out with Satan's Angel

I love Satan's Angel. This may sound funny, but she reminds me a lot of my dad but in female form. I think the two of them would be great pals. Anyway, Lili brought Angel to town for some classes and a show, and I had to take advantage.

Act review is scary for me. I get nervous about act review, but I know I need to get feedback to improve. (I'm also a fan of not having too many cooks in the kitchen, so I don't put the same act before every instructor because I don't need a muddled pile of feedback to sift through.) I took my newest act to present to my peers (a supportive audience) and Angel. I got great feedback and excellent pointers. I feel great about her rating of 7.5 out of 10, particularly because I know the act needs work. (I was also first to present after fighting bicycle race traffic to get there, nervous and dancing in a studio to music played on a laptop. I feel really damn good about 7.5 out of 10 under those circumstances.)

I chose not to workshop an act that doesn't need significant work or one that I'm unwilling to change. I expected to get something out of the critique to improve the act. I don't expect a love fest telling me it's perfect. If you ever take the opportunity for an act review (especially by a legend), keep these things in mind.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment