Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dance Class Challenge: 64/100 - Floor Work with Peekaboo Pointe at BurlyCon 2011

I went into class with a few issues. I'd been sitting on the floor for a few hours from my past two classes after spending sedentary hours on airplanes. I also left one of my knee pads in my room. The class was very popular (full) and the dance space was a hardwood ballroom dance floor. These conditions all contributed to muscle soreness in my knee that put me on the sidelines an hour into the class. Oh, and I did floor work in my number on Monday.

Now that we got that out of the way, Peekaboo is an adorable teacher. She's very skilled at graceful transitions to and from the floor. She taught an abbreviated floor routine that I anticipate will weave its way into the performance vocabularies of many cities. It was fun.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment