Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dance Class Challenge: 69/100 - How to Wear & Tease With a Kimono with Cherry Typhoon at BurlyCon 2011

I was already dragging ass from the full weekend and almost didn't make it to class. I'm so glad I made it. Cherry Typhoon is fun and hilarious. It's interesting to me that she wants Americans to dress up like geishas and strip, particularly because I've been in classes and conversations about cultural appropriation.

We all learned how to wear kimonos to signify if we are living or dead. (The difference is what side of kimono is on top in the front.) We also learned how to wear a kimono like a "bitchy or casual" geisha or like a pretty girl. We ended the class with some cute and simple choreography to tease and strip out of the kimonos. It was delightful and energizing.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment