Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Final Reveal: Someone Needs a Good Boning

I installed the zipper on the outside of the dress; I'll have to handstitch the lining to the zipper later. I wanted to see how well everything would work so I could make alterations before the gown was totally stitched together. I tried it on and noticed the zipper was buckling. It's not a flattering silhoutte with buckling on the side. I can't slap appliques over the bumps. The fabric wasn't stretched when I was sewing and I built the gown with a little room inside for underthings. I told the mister my problem and used him as my idea sounding board.

I'm going to install plastic boning along both sides of the zipper to hold everything in its proper place. This has to happen before I can handstitch the lining and close the dress.

Total so far: $100.31 and 9 hours.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment